Become Job Ready with CollegeDekho Assured Program
Learn More

MHT CET Syllabus 2023 Released: Check New Pattern and Marking Scheme

Chinmayai Ajay Bobade
Chinmayai Ajay BobadeUpdated On: December 20, 2022 12:33 pm IST
MHT CET 2023 syllabus and exam pattern are now out at cetcell.mahacet.org. Here are the complete details on MHT CET 2023 syllabus, paper pattern, and marking scheme.
MHT CET Syllabus 2023

MHT CET 2023: The conducting authority of MHT CET 2023, Maharashtra CET Cell, has released the syllabus and examination pattern details for AY 2023-24 examination and the same have been added here in detail. MHT CET 2023 examination will be primarily based on the Maharashtra State Board syllabus.  As per MHT CET syllabus 2023, the complete syllabus of class 12th is included while only selected topics from class 11th will be asked in the entrance exam. These units/chapters are listed below. The weightage distribution for classes 11th and 12th differs as well with 80% of the weightage being allocated to class 12th and for class 11th, the remaining 20% of the weightage will be considered. It is to be noted that, from this year onwards, 100% of the pre-pandemic syllabus has been reintroduced and the same will be considered for MHT CET 2023.

Also Read: 

MHT CET 2023 Exam Date
MSBSHSE Announces 75% Attendance Compulsory for SSC, HSC
MHT CET 2023 to have 50% Weightage to Class 12 Marks

MHT CET Exam Pattern 2023

MHT CET question paper pattern 2023, along with the marking scheme and difficulty level is as projected here on this page.

  • All questions in MHT CET 2023 will be Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs).

  • There will be a total of 3 papers, out of which the candidates can opt for a combination of two: PCM or PCB. Each paper will be conducted for a total of 100 marks while the overall examination will be held for 200 marks.

  • There is no negative marking MHT CET 2023 i.e., even if a candidate marks a wrong option, additional marks for it will not be deducted.

  • The difficulty level of PCM will be at par with JEE Main 2023 and that of PCB will be equal to NEET 2023.

Paper

Subject

Number of MCQs Asked

Marks per Question

Total Marks

Duration

Class 11th

Class 12th

Paper I

Mathematics

10

40

2

100

90 minutes

Paper II

Physics

10

40

1

100

90 minutes

Chemistry

10

40

Paper III

Biology

20

80

1

100

90 minutes

MHT CET Syllabus 2023: Class 12th

For Class 12th, the 100% syllabus of MSBSHSE as finalized by the State Council of Educational Research and Training, Maharashtra will be considered for MHT CET 2023 for all four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.

MHT CET Syllabus 2023: Class 11th

Only the syllabus of class 11th listed here will be considered for MHT CET 2023:

Subject

Syllabus

Physics

  • Motion in a Plane

  • Laws of Motion

  • Gravitation

  • Thermal Properties of Matter

  • Sound

  • Optics

  • Electrostatics

  • Semiconductors

Chemistry

  • Some Basic concepts of Chemistry

  • Structure of Atom

  • Chemical Bonding

  • Redox reactions

  • Elements of Groups 1 and 2

  • States of Matter (Gaseous and Liquids)

  • Adsorption and Colloids (Surface Chemistry)

  • Hydrocarbons

  • Basic principles of Organic Chemistry

Mathematics

  • Trigonometry II

  • Straight Line

  • Circle

  • Measures of Dispersion

  • Probability

  • Complex Numbers

  • Permutations and Combinations

  • Functions

  • Limits

  • Continuity

Biology

  • Biomolecules

  • Respiration and Energy Transfer

  • Human Nutrition

  • Excretion and Osmoregulation

For more latest updates on MHT CET 2023, Follow us on Google News!

/news/mht-cet-syllabus-2023-released-new-pattern-and-marking-scheme-33586/

Be the First to Know

Get Access to Latest Updates

Do you have a question? Ask us.

  • Typical response between 24-48 hours

  • Get personalized response

  • Free of Cost

  • Access to community

Recent News

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

By proceeding ahead you expressly agree to the CollegeDekho terms of use and privacy policy
Apply Now

Know best colleges you can get with your MHT-CET score

Top