The Department of Philosophy and Englishmof Moridhal College, Dhemaji in association with the Moridhal Branch Lekhika Samaroh Samiti, Moridhal, is organising a two-day long UGC-sponsored national seminar on ‘Women Empowerment: Problems and Prospects in North-East India’ on June 27 and 28 at the college premises.
Moridhal College, a premier higher education institution is situated in Moridhal, a vast rural area lying on the border between the state of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh and is dwelt in by people of diverse caste, communities, tribes and ethnic groups who have their own distinct cultural traditions, religions and languages. Moridhal College is a co-education institution initially started with Arts Stream only and subsequently, Science Stream was too introduced to cater the needs of Science education of the area.
Active participation and papers are invited from the interested scholars, academicians and teachers. The last date of submission of abstracts is June 20 and submission of full papers (two sets of hard copy with a CD) is June 2. Abstracts and papers can be presented either in English or Assamese. The abstracts and full papers can be sent by mail.
Sub Themes to be discussed in the Seminar:
1. Government Policies and Women Empowerment.
2. Role of GOs and NGOs for women empowerment.
3. Role of SHGs for women empowerment.
4. Role of Women organisations for women empowerment.
5. Women Empowerment and Democracy.
6. Role of Civil societies for Women Empowerment.
7. Problems of women empowerment in North East India.
8. Prospects of Women Empowerment in North East India.
9. Any other issues related to the main theme.
For further details, please contact:
Dharjya Jyoti Patowari (Convenor)
Suravi Gohain Duwarah (Joint Convenor)
Source: Darshana Brahma, City Journalsit, Guwahati, CollegeDekho