NCERT has launched Doctoral Fellowship for research purpose in education and related streams. The institute is offering 10 fellowships in total, out of which 4 fellowships are reserved for Regional Institutes of Education and one fellowship each for Ajmer, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal and Mysore.
The objective of the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship is to provide young scholars with research opportunity in the field of education.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates interested in NCERT Doctoral Fellowship must have a good academic record and a minimum of 60% aggregate both in bachelor's and master's degree.
- Candidates who are already pursuing a Ph.D. degree from a recognised university or are working towards their Ph.D. registration are also eligible to apply for the doctoral fellowship.
- Age Criteria: Candidate should not be more than 35 years of age.
Also, candidates applying for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship should have completed predoctoral research methodology. This is because the fellowship will only begin after the completion of the course.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Application Process
- Interested candidates can apply for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship on the official website of NCERT.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to send a concept paper of about 1500 words (proposed research) along with the complete application form and attested copies of certificates and mark sheets and proof of Ph.D. registration.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Selection Procedure
- The selection of the candidates for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship will be on the basis of interview which may include the presentation of the respective proposal.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Amount
- Selected candidates will be awarded a fellowship of Rs.23,000 monthly (for Non-NET candidates) and Rs.25,000 for NET qualified candidates for three years. This will be applicable from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration to the date of selection in NCERT. Apart from this, they will also receive a contingency grant of Rs.10,000 annually.