Get CollegeDekho
Mobile App
 Live Help
 0141-3990699
Login
Signup
Institutes
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Before     On or after

NEET Admissions: Bombay HC Declines to Interfere with State Domicile Rules

September 20, 2016 12:16 AM 2 minute read , Medicine / Beauty / Health Care

NEET Admissions: Bombay HC Declines to Interfere with State Domicile Rules

The High Court of Bombay clarified that it would not interfere with the state domicile rules for admission in private and minority medical colleges based on NEET scores. According to the verdict given by HC, the government can admit Maharashtra students under 85 percent quota. The rest of the 15 percent is for the students outside the state.

Also read: - SC Stays HC Order on MBBS Admissions in Maharashtra

The court has directed the state government to prepare a separate merit list for candidates from outside the state, and the government is restrained from putting that out without its review.

The state government had informed the HighCourt on September 15, 2016, that the state domicile rules which provide reservation to local students, must protect the interests of students from Maharashtra who cannot take admissions in other states owing to similar policies over there.

Also read: - Take a Trip through AIMS: One of the Top B-Schools in Bangalore

A total number of 20,000 students had registered for the centralised admission process through NEET for admissions to 1,675 seats in deemed universities across the state. The selection list was supposed to be published on September 3, 2016, but was put on hold following the stay order by HC till it took the final decision on the petitions filed against domicile rules.

Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.

NEET Admissions: Bombay HC Declines to Interfere with State Domicile Rules | CollegeDekho
/news/neet-admissions-bombay-hc-declines-to-interfere-with-state-domicile-rules-4234/