The sprawling and state- of- the- art office complex of All India Council for Technical Education, at Vasant Kunj New Delhi, was inaugurated by Union Minister of State (MoS) for Human Resource Development (HRD), Upendra Kushwaha in a ceremony held here.
The minister stressed the importance of AICTE in cultivating technology for the transformation of India in general and the rural India in particular. The minister expressed his wish that AICTE in its best capacity will fulfill the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and transform India through technical education.
Facilities at New office Complex-
- AICTE was previously functioning from temporary locations.
- The new building has been constructed under the supervision of DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization).
- It can accommodate 300 employees with 17 conference rooms.
- The auditorium has the capacity to accommodate 800 people.
- There is also 20 room guest house and canteen for staff and officers.
- The office has a built-up area of 19500 sqm and parking space of 18000 sqm.
- It has total built-up of 37500 sqm in the premises.
Over the years the number of technical Institutions in the country has increased manifolds and this expansion has thrown up a number of challenges. Now AICTE has to address these challenges so that the quality of higher education is maintained and transform the country into a knowledge society. The new office complex of AICTE is expected to help in tackling the challenges in an efficient way.