In a move to bring more transparency to its teacher recruitment process and manage its affiliated colleges, the University of Mumbai has implemented its latest online interface. Designed by Nirmal software, the online interface is aimed at digitalising its management and administrative processes.
How does the new online interface work and what are its benefits?
- All the affiliated colleges will be required to register itself with the interface link.
- Colleges will be given a unique username as well as password.
- Next, the colleges can apply directly using these credentials for reaffiliation.
- It will make it easier for the University to take up the affiliation process for approval.
- It will reduce the corruption and malpractices in the affiliation process.
- Colleges can pay their affiliation fees online.
- University will have all the data of its 750 affiliated college at its disposal.
- The entire process will also save time and energy of the University.
- The interface will facilitate a healthy teacher recruitment process.
- Already 350 colleges have submitted all the data of the colleges to the interface already.
The registrar of the Unversity, MA Khan said that the interface will bring transparency in the administration of the University and make affiliation process to be carried out faster. It will also be easy for the university to set up local inquiry committee for the inspection of the new colleges.
All the university approved teachers will need to be registered on the interface and will further be issued usernames. In case the university needs information on the teachers, it can choose the teachers from the database, the register added further.
For the vacant teachers' post, the affiliated colleges can call for online applications. The complete application and selection process of the teachers will be conducted online. Already, the process has been implemented and now it is at the data gathering stage. However, the university’s endeavour to make the admission to examination process online did not work well and further did not produce the desired results.