ICSSR Workshop on Research Methodology /SPSS/ Capacity Building for (ST Category) Ph.D. Students in Social Sciences from 19-28 July, 2016.
Thw workshop is Sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), New Delhi.It is going to be Organized by School of Studies in Sociology Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur.
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University is Chhattisgarh's largest and oldest institution of higher education.
About the Workshop
The course on Research Methodology in Social Sciences is designed to impart knowledge for scientific research to integrate qualitative and quantitative approaches in research and orient the young researchers to new advance techniques for precise, rational and scientific research. It also aims to train the scholars with advance statistical packages including SPSS for using in various fields and sub fields of social sciences. It is particularly meant for those who are engaged in survey research and have some basic knowledge of data processing, analysis and interpretation.
The course would include a combination of theoretical lectures and practical experience on computers and some commonly available computer applications for both quantitative and qualitative analysis of data. The participants would be given someresearch project and the data generated would be used for application of various statistical concepts and techniques, from simple univariate to more complex multivariate techniques of data analysis. Both Excel and SPSS would be used for data processing & analysis.
Registered Ph.D. students of any recognized Indian university/research institute in any branch of Social Sciences would be invited for this training workshop. The candidates with basic knowledge of statistics & computer application and belonging to Scheduled Tribe and backward regions will be preferred. In case if sufficient ST candidates are not applied for it the remain seats should be filled by other categories.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply to Course Director along with duly filled up registration form on or before 30 April, 2016. The candidates are required to send the form duly forwarded by the Ph.D. supervisor and Head of the department to the email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org followed by hard copy of the applicationto Dr. Nister Kujur, School of Studies in Sociology,Pt.Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur (C.G)-492010
- Registration form can also be downloaded from the university website www.prsu.ac.in
The registration form must be accompanied with the following enclosures:
- Brief CV of the applicant
- Ph.D. registration/supportive documents
- Ph.D. synopsis along with the research progress.
- Rs.500/-for Lecturer or equivalent, who are doing research & Ph.D.Scholars getting any fellowship.
- Rs.300/-for scholars without any fellowship.
- This registration fees may be utilized by the Course Directors as per the additional course requirements with the consent of head of the institution.
- Accommodation: Free of charge accommodation will be provided to all the outstation participants in the University Guest House/Hostels/Hotels.
- Travel Allowance: Travel allowance by shortest distance (bus or train fare, sleeper class only)will be reimbursed to the outstation participants.
- Food: All participants will be provided food. (No DA will be provided)
- Venue: School of Studies in Sociology, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University,Raipur (C.G)
- Last date of receipt of registration form: 30 April, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: 10 May,2016
- Workshop Dates: 19-28 July, 2016