Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) comes up with a Research Internship Scheme.
Students who wish to do PhD in the following fields and wants to research, this scheme will help students conduct their reserch in government organisations where they can exhibit their quantitative and analytic inclination.
- Banking related fields
With the help of this scheme one can:
- Help and work jointly with the RBI researchers on concerned projects
- Give policy related inputs and papers to be published in quality economics and financial journals
The duration of the internship will be of 6 months. It can be extended to another 6 months depending upon the unit requirements and how the candidate performs. The intern will receive a sum of Rs. 35, 000/- as a stipend per month.
Through this scheme one can be placed in the following departments:
- Department of Economic and Policy Research (DEPR)
- Department of Statistics and Information Management (DSIM)
- Strategic Research Unit (SRU)
Who can Apply:
- One should have completed 3 year undergraduate degree and one additional year of post-graduate studies or 4 year integrated courses like B.E./B.Tech before joining the scheme.
How to Apply:
- Send your CV along with references and statement of purpose to the given email id related to your research topic or department.
Who will be Selected:
- Every year, maximum 10 candidates could be selected for internship
- The shortlisted candidates will attend personal interviews
- RBI will select candidates every year depending upon its requirements Internship begins from January 1 or July 1 of every year
- Aspirants can apply in the first five months - from January to May or from July to November