- News byStream
Admission Notice-Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics Invites Applications for Ph.D 2016
Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata is inviting applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program in Physics and Biophysical sciences for the session August 2016.
The program commences with a Pre-PhD course work that is of one year duration and is more popularly known as the post MSc. Program.
PhD in Experimental Physics
The candidate needs to have a master’s degree in Physics.
PhD in Biophysical Sciences
- The candidate needs to have a master’s degree in Physics/Chemistry (with Life Science at +2 level) or master’s degree in Life Sciences (with Chemistry and Mathematics at +2 level).
- Candidates who are due to appear in the final examinations of their masters in the current academics session are also eligible to apply.
The application can be made online
- On the basis of the candidates’ past academic records a first screening would be done.
- Further shortlisting of the candidates would be done on the basis of the performance in the nation-wide screening test as mentioned below:
PhD in Physics
- Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST), GATE in Physics, CSIR/UGC NET for JRF in Physics.
PhD in Biophysical Sciences
- Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences 2016 (JGEEBILS-2016) conducted by NCBS-TIFR, GATE in Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Physics and Chemistry, CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR NET for JRF and for the candidates with no rank/score in any of the above mentioned national level qualifying tests there would be Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP) Entrance Test for Biophysical Sciences.
For candidates selected through JEST, JGEEBILLS, SINP entrance test for Biophysical Sciences, GATE there would be SINP fellowships:
- For 1st two years Rs 25,000/-p.m.
- For Subsequent years Rs 28,000/-p.m.
- The tenure is of four years that is extendable to 5th year on the basis of satisfactory performance.
- Contingency, HRA etc. as per rules
Extramural fellowships awarded by external funding authorities of Govt. of India (UGC, CSIR, NET, DBT etc.) for candidates selected through NET. The amount of fellowship, contingency grant, HRA etc. will be as per CSIR/UGC/DBT rules and SINP will not be responsible financially for the candidates selected under this scheme.
Online submission of application needs to be made latest by: Sunday, May 01, 2016.
Selection Procedure for Ph.D in Physics would be on: Monday, May 30, 2016 to Thursday, June 02, 2016.
Selection for PhD in Biophysical Sciences:
- SINP written test would be held on: Sunday, June 12, 2016.
- Interview Date: Monday, June 13, 2016 to Thursday, June 16, 2016.
The final placements for the year 2017 have concluded at MDI Gurgaon recently. This year, Sales and Marketing firms ...
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) will be conducting NCHMCT JEE 2017 tomorrow i.e. ...