The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has extended the last date of choice filling for IIT JEE counseling. June 29 is now the last date by which candidates will have to fill up their preferred choices. Students can simply register to fill up their choices.
In order to register:
- Navigate to the official website of counseling
- Search for the tab, 'Click here for registration and choice filling' and click on it
- Enter roll number and password
- Once you have successfully submitted the details, a new window will be generated on the screen
- Candidates can then fill their preferred choices
The counseling will be conducted by JoSAA in four rounds. All the institutes under JoSAA will allocate seats for various academic programmes from 1st through 4th round of counseling. Students will have to fill their college and branch preferences in descending order.
All candidates must ensure that they have locked their choices. If a candidate fails to lock his or her choices then their last saved choices will be locked by default as soon as the time-window for choice filling closes.
Seat acceptance fee can be filled either through e-challan or via SBI net banking. Students can get their documents verified at any registered centre. Candidates may also withdraw their option by reporting at either of the registered reporting center prior to the 4th round of seat allocation.