- News byStream
SGI & ISDG Organises Short Term Training Programme on 'Structural Steel Design'
Sanjay Ghodawat Group Of Institutions & Institute for Steel Development Growth (Kolkata) jointly organised a short term training programme on 'Structural Steel Design by Limit State Method'.
About Course -
Engineers play prime role in all infrastructural developments and thus there is a need for them to keep abreast with the latest technology so that what they design, construct / fabricate & install as per the codal requirements with sound engineering practices. The intent of the course is to make awareness of latest trends which will help engineers able to perform their task and deliver world class engineered structures in steel.
This course is aimed to provide an insight on the different aspects of designing Structural Steel following Limit State Method. The course will benefit to the Structural Design Engineers, faculty and students. Study Material/Proceedings will be distributed to the participants. Participants are requested to carry IS 800: 2007.
- Recap of Limit State Design
- Analysis and design of bolted and welded connections
- Design of axially loaded tension member
- Design of compression members
- Design of column subjected to axial and eccentric loading
- Design of lacing, battening system, column splices
- Design of slab bases & gusseted base
- Design of laterally supported, unsupported beams
- Design of Gantry Girder
Who Should Attend?
Professionals, Teachers from Engineering Colleges, Structural Engineering Consultants and post-graduate students.
- Course fee for professionals engineers Rs. 5000/- for Members (INSDAG) and Rs. 6000/- for Non-members.
- Course fee for Faculty Rs. 4000/- and for Student: Rs. 3000/- per participant
- Suitable reduction in fees would be considered if there are 5 or more participants from one organization
- Certificate will be issued to those who attend 100% course.
- Cheque / DD should be drawn in favour of "SSDGCT's GOI faculty of Engineering" payable at Sangli.
- Participants may carry their copy of IS 800:2007.
- Last date of receipt of registration: 15th May 2016
- Lodging and boarding of outstation participates provided based on first come first basis.
- Dr. Siddhartha Ghosh - Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai
- Mr. M. M. Ghosh - Asst. General Manager, INSDAG
- Dr. S.S. Bhavikatti - BVB College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli.
- Dr. M.R. Shiyekar - Sanjay Ghodawat Group of Institutions, Kolhapur.
- Dr. L.M. Gupta - Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- Dr. Swapnil Kharmale - Govt. College of Engineering & Research, Avasari
- Mr. Vishal Nalwar - Gensys Technologies.Pune.
- Mr. Sanjay D. Ghodawat , Chairman, Sanjay Ghodawat Group of Institutions, Atigre
- Mr. Vinayak V. Bhosale, Trustee, Sanjay Ghodawat Group of Institutions, Atigre
- Dr. V.A. Raikar, Director, Sanjay Ghodawat Group of Institutions, Atigre
- Mr. Chetan Patil , Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering
- Mobile No. 9423041617; Email: email@example.com
Programme Date -
- Date: May 23 - 28, 2016
Source - Prasad Patil, City Journalist, College Dekho
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Examination, popularly known as the AP EAMCET was ...
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) will be conducting NCHMCT JEE 2017 tomorrow i.e. ...