The Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is organizing Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition on Criminal Law invites participation from the eligible candidates.
- B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
- If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Theme for the Essay:
- “CRIME OF AGGRESSION AND INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE”
- Any of these Sub-Themes may be chosen: Universal Jurisdiction and Crime of Aggression Ending Impunity for Crime of Aggression Crime of Aggression and Humanitarian Interventions Crime of Aggression and Role of UN Security Council Mechanisms for Prosecution for Aggression.
- First Prize – INR 25,000/-
- Second Prize – INR 15,000/-
- Third Prize – INR 10,000/-
The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website, Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions, the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the Competition). Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of a co-author, separate Registration Form shall be sent for each.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay. Registration form is to be sent along with essay.
- The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution/University. (Available in download form on the RGNUL website).
- In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and a bibliography
- The abstract should not be more than 200 words inclusive of title and keywords.
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules· of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation Formatting Guidelines Font Size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman. 1.5 inter-cellular spaces. A footer numbering pages as “page a of y” on right side of each page. SUBMISSION DETAILS The participants should mail at firstname.lastname@example.org the following attachments: Essay in MS Word Format with subject “Essay Competition – Name of Author(s)” Registration Form Cover Page containing name of the Participant, Nationality, Address, E-mail ID, Contact number and Name of college/university with address and Class.
Last Date for Submission: APRIL 29, 2016