- News byStream
Tamil Nadu Open University Invites Applications for B.Ed Course
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) has announced admission notification for the B.Ed programme. The admissions are being conducted for the new academic session which is going to commence in January 2017. The course is being offered at all the ten study centres located across the state. All these study centres have NCTE recognition.
Also read: - Tamil Nadu B.Ed Second Allotment from September 15
- The candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree from any recognised University/Institution
- The candidates who have completed and qualified NCTE recognised teacher education programme are also eligible
- Teachers who completed D.T.Ed and working in government recognised schools within Tamil Nadu are also eligible
- The minimum qualifying marks for General category in Bachelors Degree is 50%, 45% for BC/BCM, 43% for MBC/DNC, 40% for ST/SC/SCA
- The last date for the issuing of applications is October 13, 2016
- The deadline for the submission of filled in applications is October 14, 2016
- The seat allotment list will be announced on October 27, 2016
- The counselling will take place in the month of November
- The candidates have to download the applications from the official website
- However, the candidates can also obtain the applications from the University office
- The cost of the application is Rs. 500/-
- The candidates who want to obtain applications through post have to send a Demand Daft of Rs. 500
- The filled in acknowledgement card must be affixed with a postage of INR 6
- The application must be filled and kept in the TNOU’s printed cover and sent to the University.
- The selection is purely based on merit
Duration of the Course:-
- The term of the course is two years
- However, a student teacher will have a chance to complete the course within five years
- The total intake for the course is 1,000
- Each study centre is allotted with 100 seats
- Out of 1,000 seats, 500 seats are for Tamil medium, and 500 seats are for English medium
- The course fee is Rs. 32,000 for two years
- The fee must be paid at the time of admission
- Once paid, the fee is not refundable
- If the candidate does not mention his/her category in the application form, he/she shall be considered as OC
- The application consists of both English and Tamil language. The candidates have to fill the application only in one language
- The notification is applicable only for the candidates of Tamil Nadu
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
University of Engineering & Management (UEM), Kolkata is conducting a Mega Job Fair in collaboration with ...
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for technical and science graduates who seek ...