Here is a good news for GATE qualified candidates who cleared the exam between 2015-17. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research has announced admissions for the Ph.D. programme in Systems Science.
- The candidates with a valid GATE score can apply for the Ph.D. programme.
- Additionally, the candidates who secured a higher score in the GATE exam that was held between 2015-17 are exempted from taking the written test conducted by TIFR.
- The candidates who took GATE exam in Mathematics, Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering can apply for Ph.D. in Systems Science at TIFR.
Application Process: -
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) accepts only online applications for Ph.D. in Systems Science.
- TIFR’s official site facilitates the online applications.
- Aspiring and eligible candidates need to visit TIFR’s official website.
- On the homepage, there is a tab ‘Graduate Studies’.
- Click on the tab and click on ‘Admission to Ph.D. Programme’.
- The official notification will be displayed on a new page.
- Refer to the notification and click on ‘Apply here’.
- Online application opens.
- Fill the details in TIFR online application form and submit.
- There is no application fee for GATE qualified candidates.
Selection Process: -
- The candidates with higher GATE scores will be shortlisted for the interview.
- Other candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on GATE score and TFIR’s written test.
- The interviews are expected to take place in May 2017.
Important Date: -
- April 9, 2017, is the deadline to submit the TIFR’s online application form for the Ph.D. programme.