To enhance the ranking amongst the top 50 universities in the world by the next year, the Andhra University (AU) is planning to tie up with National University of Singapore.
The first priority is to make Andhra University as one of the best universities and for that, it is important to be familiar with international ranking systems and other factors like performance indicators, said Andhra University Vice-Chancellors G Nageswara Rao, while interacting with the reporters.
Importantly, the university has been facing fund crunch from last several years.To tackle the fund crunch, the VC came up with a plan. The VC said that the varsity is going to organise a Grand Alumni Meet on 12th October 2016, where around 20,000 former students are expected to join. He also expressed his hope that the donation from the alumni can make Andhra University self- sufficient and the University can be developed with the alumni corpus fund.
The VC also said how several universities like Stanford, Harvard, and other top universities across the world were developed by the alumni. Since Andhra University has produced several leaders, entrepreneurs, and bureaucrats, the University authority is expecting good amount of assistance from the alumni for the development of the University, the VC expressed his hope.
The VC also informed that several state ministers both from State Government and Central Government are expected to attend the inaugural function. The Cheif Minister Chandrababu Naidu is supposed to inaugurate the Alumni meet.
Andhra University is the first residential and teaching-cum-affiliating research that mainly concentrate on post-graduate research work.
The varsity is the first residential and teaching-cum-affiliating research. It mostly concentrates on post-graduate research work.
The other Important facts about the varsity are -
- Andhra University was established in 1926.
- The university inaugurated its University College of Arts on July 1,1931, first offering History, Economics and Politics courses, Telugu language and literature.
- The Unversity has department of College of Science and Technology
- In April 2002, the university got NAAC Grade‘A’ certification.
- Andhra University offers 313 courses while the University College of Arts and Commerce offers the highest number of courses.