Saveetha Engineering College - SEC Chennai - SEC
- Saveetha Engineering College, was started in the year 2001 by the Saveetha Medical & Educational Trust, is committed to developing this college into a renowned institution for Engineering education and research.
- The Saveetha Group of Institution is headed by Dr N. M. Veeraiyan, a committed and dedicated Medical Professional.
- The campus of Saveetha Engineering College is spread over 120 acres of scenic beauty, facing Chembarambakkam lake on the Chennai- Bangalore National Highway (NH4).
- Located at about 8Km from Poonamalee township, the college buildings are laid out amidst a serene environment.
- The Circular Block has a built up area of 2,20, 000 SQ feet, and houses Departments of CSE, IT, ECE, EEE, MBA & MCA, Administrative office, Library, Placement cell and Examination Cell.
- A separate block with a built up area of 70,000 SQ feet, houses the departments of Mechanical Engineering and Science & Humanities.
- The college consists of a spacious canteen and well equipped laboratories with the state of the art computers equipment and gadgets. Separate restrooms for boys and girls are provided in the college campus.
- The campus also houses well-ventilated hostels for boys and girls. In all, the students are provided with an atmosphere conducive to pursue their studies freely.
- The college motto, 'BE THE BEST', carries a message to the students that they should aim for the best in education, culture and achievement. Nothing less than the 'Best' is acceptable in Saveetha Engineering College.
At Saveetha, Placement time is not a mere annual ritual; it is a time for showcasing the very best in our young engineers to the industrial world. The Placement & Training Cell functions with the primary aim of placing students in top-notch companies even before they have completed their courses. The Placement & Training cell goes all out to train the students to meet the high industry expectations.
The Placement cell of this college functions actively under the leadership of the Placement Officer with a Placement Committee consisting of faculty and student representatives from each department. The training and placement cell works for results in EEE (Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship)
|Number of visiting companies||4|