Indian Institute of Technology - IITM
Indian Institute of Technology Madras is one among the foremost institutes of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research. In 1956, the German Government offered technical assistance for establishing an institute of higher education in engineering in India. The first Indo-German agreement in Bonn, West Germany for the establishment of the Indian Institute of Technology at Madras was signed in 1959.
The Institute was formally inaugurated in 1959 by Prof. Humayun Kabir, Union Minister for Scientific Research and Cultural Affairs. The IIT system has sixteen Institutes of Technology. The first of these to be instituted are at Kharagpur (estb. 1951), Mumbai (estb. 1958), Chennai (estb. 1959), Kanpur (estb. 1959), Delhi (estb. 1961), Guwahati (estb. 1994) and Roorkee (estb. 1847, joined IITs in 2001).
IIT Madras is a residential institute with nearly 550 faculty, 8000 students and 1250 administrative & supporting staff and is a self-contained campus located in a beautiful wooded land of about 250 hectares. It has established itself as a premier centre for teaching, research and industrial consultancy in the country.
The Institute has sixteen academic departments and a few advanced research centres in various disciplines of engineering and pure sciences, with nearly 100 laboratories organised in a unique pattern of functioning. A faculty of international repute, a brilliant student community, excellent technical & supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the pre-eminent status of IIT Madras. The campus is located in the city of Chennai, previously known as Madras. Chennai is the state capital of Tamilnadu, a southern state in India.
- Companies interested in taking part in the Placement Process should register online. On completion of registration, further process such as filling of ERF, PPT date and so on may be completed.
- Employer Registration Form (ERF) to be filled online only.
- Availability of PPT slots will be updated in the website under Job Profile – Schedules – PPT Slot
- ERF will be accepted when all fields are filled in. Once it is accepted, a confirmation mail will be sent to the company.
- Once the ERF is accepted and opened to students, it cannot be edited.
- The resumes of the students can be viewed and downloaded after the closing date by the companies directly from the portal http://placement.iitm.ac.in/companies under the link Job Profile --> Click View under Schedules/ Registrations --> downloads --> Resumes.
- For online test, students will bring their own laptops. The companies should intimate in advance the hardware and software requirements.
- PRE-PLACEMENT OFFERS: The Placement Office has de-linked Pre-Placement Offers (PPO) from placements. The following rules are applicable to companies that make PPO through the Placement Office.
- In case the student is required to make a decision on the PPO within a specified period (no longer than 10 days), then such a PPO must be made on or before 2nd October.
- In case the PPO is an open offer, then the student will be permitted to participate in the Placement process until the day/session in which the company that has given the PPO is slotted to come to campus. Such a PPO may be offered after 2nd October also.
- The offer of PPO (by the company) and its acceptance (by the student) shall be through placement office only.
- Once a student accepts a PPO, he / she shall be de-registered from placement.
|Average Salary||8.0 lacs|