Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The very First N. R. Madhava Menon SAARC Mooting Competition is organized for young energetic budding lawyers to showcase their skills. This competition will begin on 4th March’16 and end on 5th March’16.
30 teams from various prestigious law schools of the country contested and only five teams are selected for the final competition. The teams selected are:
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Gujarat National Law University
- School of Law, Christ University Bangalore
- Kerala Law Academy, Trivandrum
- Lloyd law College
The Mooting had been taking place for the last two days at the Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida under the technical support from MILAT – Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy. The mooting proposition was on the theme ‘Social Justice’, the very significant “Unique Identification (UID)” issue.
The winners were given certificates and mementos by
- Mr. R Venkataramani, the Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India
- Prof. (Dr.) S Sivakumar, SAARC Moot Administrator
- Mr. Manohar Thairani, President, Lloyd Law College
The result was assessed on the complete and overall performance of the students.
“A research note will be made after the memo evaluation and the same will be submitted to the Supreme Court for the future deliberation” said Prof. N R Madhava Menon at the open house session held post the competition in the presence of Hon’ble Mr. Justice Anil R. Dave.
Prof. Menon discussed on matters like
- Preference of five year law to the three year course
- The need for more alternative dispute resolutions
- Revamping of course curriculum that traditional universities have currently etc
The SAARC mooting proposition will be released shortly and the competition will see the participation of students from
- Bhutan, Maldives
- Sri Lanka
A conference of Law Students from SAARC countries will also be held subsequently to the competition on the topic “Legal Education in SAARC Countries: Opportunities and Challenges” on 6th March'16.