- News byStream
Admission Notice-Raman Research Institute Invites Application for PhD 2016
Applications are invited by the Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore for admission to its Ph.D programmes in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Chemistry, Light and Matter Physics, Soft Condensed Matter and Theoretical Physics for the session 2016.
- Candidates seeking admission in the programme must have an MSc degree in Physics/Mathematics with a minimum score of 55% in aggregate or equivalent or must have a first class B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering.
- Candidates completing their final degree in the academic year 2015-16 are also eligible to apply provided they can produce their score card at the time of admission.
- Application can be made online.
- Candidates who find it difficult to apply online can obtain the application form from the admissions office by sending a self-addressed envelope (25 X 20 cm) to the following address Mid-Year Admissions 2016, Raman Research Institute, C.V. Raman Avenue Sadashivnagar, Bengaluru 560 080.
- Selection of the candidates would be made on the basis of their performance in
- Joint Entrance Screening Test 2016 (JEST 2016) to be held on Sunday 21st February 2016 at several centres throughout the country. Or
- UGC/CSIR-NET for JRF (Physics) or in subject GRE (Physics) or high score in GATE.
- Printed application forms can be obtained till: Friday, February 26, 2016.
- Completed application forms need to be submitted by: Thursday, March 31, 2016.
For more information you can visit the official website of the Institute.
HOD of Mathematics at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-Madras), M. Thamban Nair will be receiving the B.K. ...
Every IIM has its individual method and cut-offs for selecting students for the various management programmes it ...