Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Anna University, Chennai is inviting applications for admission to full time as well as part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme offered in Engineering/ Technology, Science and Humanities, Management Sciences and Architecture and Planning for the academic session July, 2016.
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree from this university or any other equivalent qualification in the fields of study notified from time to time by the university.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology of this university or any other equivalent qualification in the fields of study with at least 15 years of R&D experience in National Research Laboratories/Public sector undertakings and with at least three publications in referred impact factor journals or two approved international patents in the last five years.
- The candidate must have scored 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (50% marks or a CGPA of 5.0 on a 10 point scale for SC/ST candidates).
- Application can be made online
- There is a fee of Rs 800/- for application registration for the general candidates and Rs. 400/- for Tamil Nadu SC/ST candidates.
- The duly filled in application forms along with all the enclosures should be sent to The Director, Centre for Research, Anna University, Chennai-600025.
- Only those applications that have the consent of the recognized supervisor from recognized department of Anna University, Chennai would be considered for admission.
- The Centre for research would do the preliminary scrutiny and shortlist the eligible candidates as per norms.
- The candidates who are shortlisted would have to appear in the written test that would be conducted in the university departments of Anna University, Chennai by the Director, Entrance Examination and would be followed by interview.
Online submission of applications needs to be done latest by: Saturday, March 05, 2016.
For more information the candidates can visit the official website of the university.