Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani has opened its gates for students interested in admission to full time and part time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) program Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Economics and Finance, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical, Pharmacy and Physics offered at Hyderabad, Goa and Pilani campuses for the academic session 2016.
Eligibility Criteria for BITS, Pilani:
- Candidates with M.E./M.Pharm./MBA/M.Phil of BITS or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the qualifying examination are eligible.
- Candidates with an M.Sc./B.E./B.Pharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% aggregate may also be considered for Ph.D. admission subject to their suitability and competence. For Ph.D. program in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an M.A. and with minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Full time students: Candidates are required to devote their full time towards Ph.D
- Part time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be eligible.
How to Apply for BITS, Pilani:
- Application forms are available on the official website of the University.
- The application fee is Rs. 2200/-.
Selection Procedure for BITS, Pilani:
- Written test
- Last date for completed application form to reach admission office: Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
- Declaration of shortlist to candidates (through BITS website): Friday, June 03, 2016.
- Date of test and interview: Wednesday, July 20, 2016.
About BITS, Pilani:
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to "train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information". The Institute is a dream come true of its founder late Mr G.D.Birla - an eminent industrialist, a participant in Indian freedom struggle and a close associate of the Father of Indian Nation late Mr. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Mahatma Gandhi). What started in early 1900s as a small school, blossomed into a set of colleges for higher education, ranging from the Humanities to Engineering until 1964 when all these colleges amalgamated to culminate into a unique Indian University of International standing. This university was christened as the Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, known to many as BITS, Pilani.