- News byStream
Admission Notice-IGIDR Invites Applications for PG Programs 2016
Applications are invited by Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai for admission to 2 years Master of Science (MSc) in Economics, Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programs for the academic session 2016.
MSc Economics Program
- The candidate must have B.A/B.Sc in Economics/M.Stat/ M.Sc (Physics or Mathematics)/B.Tech/B.E with a minimum of second division of for the economics discipline and first division for other disciplines.
- The candidate must have studied mathematics at the higher secondary or higher level.
The candidate must have M.A/M.Sc in Economics/M.Stat/M.Sc (Physics or Mathematics or Environmental Science or Operations Research)/ MBA/M.Tech/ M.E/B.Tech/B.E/ with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks for Economics discipline and 60% aggregate marks for other disciplines.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to have studied Mathematics at the higher secondary level or at the higher level.
- The application can be made online
- There is an application fee of Rs.500/-only (Rs.100 for SC/ST candidates)
The selection of the candidates would be done strictly on the basis of their performance in the online test and the interview conducted by the institute.
There is a monthly stipend of Rs. 17000 for M.Phil/Ph.D students in the first two years. In the third year the students who fulfil the terms and conditions for Ph.D registrations would receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 26,000 after Ph.D registration.
- Online application needs to be done latest by: Thursday, March 31, 2016.
- Online test would be held on: Sunday, April 24, 2016.
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...