- News byStream
Admission Notice-ISM Open for M.Sc/M.Sc.Tech'16
Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad is open for admission to the following programs for the academic year 2016.
2 years full time Master of Science (M.Sc) program in
- Mathematics & Computing
3 years M.Sc.Tech in
- Applied Geology
- Applied Geophysics
Who can Apply:
- For M.Sc Chemistry Program: Candidate should have B.Sc degree (3-year) with Chemistry as Honours/ Major/ Main/ equivalent subject, Mathematics as a compulsory subsidiary subject for one year/two semesters and another subsidiary from Physics, Geology, Zoology and Botany.
- For M.Sc Tech in Applied Geology Program: Candidate should have B.Sc degree (3-year) with Geology as Honours/ Major/ Main/ equivalent subject and any two subsidiary subjects from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- For M.Sc Mathematics & Computing Program: Candidate should have B.Sc. degree (3-year) with Mathematics as Honours / Major/ Main/ equivalent subject and two subsidiary subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics, Electronics and Computer Science.
How to Apply:
- Easiest way for a student to apply is through the University’s online website.
- Application fee is Rs 1000/- for SC/ST/PD candidates and Rs 2,000/- for all other categories of candidates
- Candidates are required to submit the application online and take a printout of the system generated application form. Printout of the application form, payment receipt, photocopies of all certificates and mark sheets should be sent to the office of the Assistant Registrar (Academic), Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad-826004, Jharkhand.
Who will be Selected:
- Admission to M.Sc and M.Sc Tech programs will be made on the basis of the performance in the entrance examination conducted by the institute.
Dates to Remember:
- Last date for online application: Monday, April 11, 2016.
- Last date for receipt of completed application form at ISM: Monday, April 18, 2016.
- Date of entrance examination: Sunday, May 15, 2016.
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Several IITs of India have proposed to increase the intake of its students to 460 from the next academic session ...
If you like meeting new people, expressing new ideas, find creative ways of doing things or writing then a career in ...