- News byStream
Admission Notice-NIFT Open for Ph.D'16
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) has announced admission to various Ph.D program for the academic year 2016.
Who can Apply:
Following qualifications are eligible for consideration for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- Post Graduation degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute with minimum 7 years of education after secondary (Class X) last of which was the Master’s degree
- Where the Master’s Degree is found to be not relevant to the area of Research, a minimum 10 years of professional experience (teaching / working) in the proposed area of research is required.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 55% (50% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded in the PostGraduation degree.
- The area of research of the applicant has to be relevant to the field of fashion in terms of design, technology and management.
- Candidates who are employed besides fulfilling the above eligibility criteria are required to submit “No Objection” certificate from their current employer including NIFT.
How to Apply:
- The Application has to be made in requisite format as per the attached Form. The completed Application Form has to be submitted alongwith an outline of Research Proposal in maximum 3000 words. This Research Proposal is the most important part of the Application. It will be expected to clearly set out an appropriate set of issues to be explored through research. It should include an indication of the approach that the candidate intends to take during research (e.g. literature-based / empirical / experimental/practice-based research) and identify what is sought to be achieved as an outcome. The proposed research can be related to any previous work/studies carried out by the candidate. The ‘Guide Information’ section in the application form is mandatory, the candidate should communicate with potential guide/supervisor list from NIFT website and discuss the topic, modify if required before submission.
Who will be Selected:
- On the basis of the Research Proposal and the Form submitted, the candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a personal interview. Based on the interview, the final selection of the candidates for the preliminary registration for Ph.D. will be done
Dates to Remember:
- Admission announcement (website) & Advertisement in newspapers- Throughout the year
- Availability of Application Form- Throughout the year
- Last date of submission of Application Form- 18.04.2016
- List of short listed candidates- 29.04.2016
- Interview and Selection- 16.05.2016
- Announcement of Result- 31.05.2016
- Registration- 1.07.2016
- Semester Starts- As per academic Calendar
An ardent cat lover who is on a journey to explore the unexplored because we all deserve a little wanderlust in our lives. Also, trying my bit in making this world a better place to live in. Travelling freshens my soul and chocolate appeals to it. Goal is to be a proton - Always Positive!
Admit Card of National Institute of Fashion Technology has been released on January 21, 2017 online. NIFT Entrance ...
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted every year for technical and science graduates who seek ...