Sri Mata Vaishno Devi University (SMVDU), Katra is inviting applications for admission to 4 years Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), 5 years Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) and 2 years Master of Technology (M.Tech) programs offered in various specializations for the session 2016.
Based on the valid GATE score, 18 students in each stream of M. Tech. The program shall be eligible for assistantship of Rs. 12,400/- per month (as per current norms of AICTE).
The students at SMVDU experience a remarkable & refreshingly different teaching-learning process which has been pioneered at the IITs for many decades. Realizing that the IIT system of teaching & evaluation has stood the test of time and is universally acknowledged as a very successful model, SMVDU has very consciously adopted the IIT system of Teaching & Evaluation.
For candidates applying for admission to B.Tech (Biotechnology) based on 10+2 merit, having passed 10+2 (with Mathematics) with 60% is mandatory.
For M.Tech Program: Candidates should have B.Tech/B.E degree with 60% marks or equivalent CGPA in CSE/ECE/IT discipline MCA or M.Sc. in Physics/Mathematics from a recognized University/Institute. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also apply.
How to Apply:
- Candidates can obtain the application form from here.
- The application should be accompanied by a DD of Rs. 1100/- drawn in favor of Registrar, SMVD University payable at Katra.
- Admission to B.Tech. & B.Arch programs is made through Centralized Counseling conducted by the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)/ Joint Seat Allocation authority (JOSAA) constituted each year by MHRD, GOI based on the all India rank secured by the student in the JEE Main examination.
- GATE candidates will be selected for M.Tech program based on GATE score and their performance in the interview.
- Selection of nonGATE candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview conducted by the university.
- Last date for receipt of filled in application
- For B.Tech and B.Arch programs: Monday, June 13, 2016.
- For M.Tech program: Wednesday, June 08, 2016.
- Date of interview for GATE candidates: Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- Date of written test and interview for nonGATE candidates: Thursday, June 16, 2016.