- News byStream
AIIMS Completes 60 Years as a Quality Healthcare Institute
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) celebrated its Diamond Jubilee on Monday, September 26, 2016, on completing 60 years of providing quality medical and healthcare facilities to the people of India. AIIMS has maintained the highest level of medical education in the country.
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda addressed the gathering on the occasion and said that AIIMS has been successfully contributing as a clinical provider, teaching and research institute. The minister noted various achievements of the institute in the past six decades.
Following are the highlights of AIIMS – India’s leading medical institutions:
- AIIMS Delhi has attended to 30 lakh outpatients and 2.5 lakh inpatients in the session 2015-16. During this phase, the number of surgeries done was 1.5 lakh.
- The institute is mentoring several other medical institutions and has been promoting them to reach the same merit by formulating and reviewing subordinate legislation.
- AIIMS today has 9 centers, 52 teaching departments, 800 faculty member positions and a manpower of more than 10,000 that assist in producing specialists (MD/MS), super-specialists (DM/MCh), Ph.D. scholars and other basic science and allied health experts such as nurses and paramedical professionals.
- AIIMS got a research grant of more than Rs. 70 Crores for the research conducted in frontier and cutting edge biomedical domains. More than 600 research projects have been conducted in the year 2015-2016 and over 1800 research papers were published placing AIIMS as the top 3 medical institutions in publishing research.
- AIIMS will be mentoring the National Cancer Institute (NCI) that will be established at Jhajjar. A grant of Rs. 2035 crores has been released by the Central Government to establish NCI making it the largest proposed tertiary healthcare facility in the country that will have 710 beds.
The health minister also informed about the expansion plans of AIIMS saying that in the coming years the institute will have its Mother and Child Block, OPD Block, Surgical Block, Trauma Centre and other infrastructural advances will also be introduced.
Mr. Nadda also inaugurated a free generic pharmacy store at the Institute for the outpatients that will prove to be useful to the outpatients. Awards were also given to recognized faculty members and students.
IIT Dhanbad has announced admissions for its full-time as well as part-time Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme that ...
Not very long ago the CBSE had announced that class 12 marks will not be evaluated in the selection process through ...