Get CollegeDekho
Mobile App
 Live Help
Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Before     On or after

AKTU to Introduce Biometric Attendance System for UPSEE

March 16, 2016 09:17 AM 2 minute read , Engineering

AKTU to Introduce Biometric Attendance System for UPSEE

APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU) is all set to introduce digital photography and use biometric attendance for the state entrance examination (UPSEE). The decision was taken during the Central Admission Board (CAB) meeting on Tuesday .

Chaired by vice-chancellor Vinay Pathak, the meeting decided that at all examination centres, photographs and thumb impressions of students will be taken. The process will be repeated when the students go to colleges to take admission. “This will ensure that a student taking the exam is the same as the one taking admission,“ said SEE coordinator Kailash Narayan.

Important Dates:

Last Date to fil the form: March 27, after which the university will give three days for editing purposes. “In case a student has entered any field wrong and realises so after submitting the form, they can correct it," said Narayan.

Offline entrance exam: April 16-17.

The online exam only for pharmacy, management, computer applications and fashion designing will be held on Apri 24. The university will declare the results on May 30 while online counselling will be held from June 25 to July 30.

This year, the counselling process has been shortened Instead of four rounds of co unselling, there will be a single round and 75% of the total seats will be filled by UP domicile students while remaining 25% will be open to students coming from other states.

Source: Rahul Pandey, City Journalist - Lucknow, CollegeDekho

AKTU to Introduce Biometric Attendance System for UPSEE | CollegeDekho