Common Admission Test 2017 i.e. CAT 2017 notification has finally been released by its conducting body Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow on the official website of IIM-CAT. All steps of the popular MBA entrance exam from registrations, applications, admit card, result etc. will be facilitated through the IIM CAT 2017 website. CollegeDekho.com will keep updating all relevant details with respect to CAT 2017 in this section. Stay tuned for all latest news & updates on CAT!
CAT 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 26th November 2017. So if you are planning to ace the popular management entrance exam for entry into the top MBA colleges in India - we hope you have started your preparations. Candidates have approximately four months to hone their preparation for the exam so that they can get a good percentile in CAT 2017 result.
Updates on CAT 2017:
- As of now, there are no major changes in the examination structure of CAT 2017. The press release issued by IIM-L stated that some questions may not be of MCQ type this year and the candidates may have to type direct answers on the screen that is provided to them.
- Applicants will get an option to take tutorials on the official website from October 18 onwards.
CAT 2017 will be conducted by IIM Lucknow in partnership with TCS i.e. Tata Consultancy Services which is the test-taking agency that is roped in for CAT examination year after year. CAT 2017 will be conducted in around 140 cities from all over India.
Registrations for CAT 2017:
Interested candidates can apply for CAT 2017 by logging on to the official website. The CAT 2017 application form will be available from August 9, 2017 until September 20, 2017. It is important to note that the applicants will have to fill their choice of IIMs along with the programmes for which one wishes to apply. Moreover, preference of test cities will also have to be locked.
CAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
All applicants applying for the Common Admission Test 2017 shall be:
- A graduate in any discipline from a recognised university or institute.
- He/she should also have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate or an equivalent CGPA. The criteria for candidates of the reserved category will be 45% aggregate marks.
- All those candidates who are currently in the final year of their graduation are also eligible. They will be required to produce their degree and passing certificates within the pre-determined timeframe.
- As far as age criteria is concerned, there is no minimum or maximum age factor while applying for the exam.
- Work experience is an added advantage, however, not compulsory.
Important Dates for CAT 2017:
|Official Release of CAT 2017 Notification||29th July 2017|
|Applications Open||9th August 2017|
|Application Deadline||20th September 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||18th October 2017 onwards|
|CAT 2017 Exam||26th November 2017|
|Announcement of CAT 2017 Result||January 2018|
For all updates regarding the MBA entrance test CAT 2017, stay tuned with us!