With an objective to help students locate examination centre, the Central Board of Secondary Education has launched a mobile app. One of the officials of CBSE revealed that the students who are going to appear for board examinations conducted by CBSE could easily locate their examination centre through this mobile app.
The name of the app is ‘Exam Locator'. The speciality of this app is students can find their exam centre through their roll number. The students need to enter their roll number and the app automatically detects his/her examination centre and gives the location. The students can also find the address and geolocation of the exam centre. ‘Exam Locator’ app also gives directions to the candidates on how to reach the examination centre.
How does the Exam Locator app work?
- For accessing the app, parents or students need to download the app from Google Play Store.
- After downloading the app, they need to enter a mobile number to register.
- A one-time password will be sent and students or parents need to enter the one-time password in the app to complete the registration process.
- To check the exam centre, the parents or students need to select the Class, i.e., Class X or Class XII.
- Then, the roll number of the student must be entered and click on locate or submit.
- The app automatically detects the examination centre, location, address and directions to reach.
The CBSE Class 10 & 12 examinations are going to begin on March 9, 2017.