SRMJEEE (UG) 2017 is scheduled to be held on April 1 to April 30. Registration process for the exam has already begun and the SRM University has announced a few changed for SRMJEEE (UG) 2017.
Following are the changes in SRMJEEE (UG) 2017:
Students will be allowed to retake the exam: candidates who are giving the exam in 2017 will be provided with the option to retake the online entrance exam twice. Students who wish to retake the exam will have to pay a retake fee of Rs.1,060 through online payment mode.
Removal of negative marking: negative marking scheme will not be applicable for the SRMJEEE (UG) 2017. Earlier, marks were deducted for every incorrectly answered question but this rule has been eliminated from now on.
Direct Admissions: the university will provide direct admission to state board toppers, top JEE rank holders central board topper, districts toppers of Tamil Nadu and extraordinary sports persons at National and International level from the session 2017.
The university has also revised the eligibility criteria:
- Apart from Indian citizens, PIO, NRI or OCI card holders issued by the Government of India can also apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2017.
- For admission to the Ramapuram, Kattankulathur and Vadapalani campuses, candidates must have scored at least 60% aggregate marks in PCM from a recognized board.
- To take admission in Delhi - NCR campus, candidates must have secured an aggregate of 55% in PCM or PCB from a recognized board.
- Candidates holding an International Baccalaurette (IB) with either a diploma or an A-level with main subjects as PCM (for B.Tech Programmes) or PCM/PCB (for B.Tech – Biomedical Engineering & Genetic Engineering) from any of the International schools can also apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2017.
- Students who have passed or are appearing in class XII or equivalent exam (regular stream) either State Board, ICSE, CBSE, Matriculation or NIOS are eligible to apply.
The lapsed or canceled seats at the university will be filled during May 1 to June 30.