13 colleges of Andhra Pradesh were granted CPE (Center for potential for excellence) by UGC. According to 12th Five Year Plan each and every college which got selected under CPE will be granted Rs.1.5 Crore by UGC. A total number of 124 colleges got CPE status in India. Whereas 3 colleges in Telanagna and 13 colleges in Andhra Pradesh granted were CPE status.
The following Aided Colleges of Andhra Pradesh secured CPE status:-
- Sri Durga Malleswara Siddhartha Mahila Kalasala, Vijayawada
- KBN College(Autonomous), Vijayawada
- Dantaluri Narayana College(Autonomous), Bheemavaram
- SVKP and KSR Arts and Science College, Penugonda
The following Engineering colleges of Andhra Pradesh have been granted CPE status:-
- Sri Vidyanikethan Engineering College, Tirupathi
- Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Engineering and Technology, Nandyala-Kurnool
- G.Pulla Reddy Engineering College, Kurnool
- Lakki Reddy Bal Reddy Engineering College, Vijayawada
- Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering and Technology, Tirupathi
- NBKR institute of Science and Technology, Nellore
Apart from the above colleges 3 Government Degree Colleges secured CPE status. 4 colleges from Krishna District secured CPE status again.
Maharashtra stood at first place as 29 colleges secured CPE status, followed by Karnataka (16 Colleges) and Tamilnadu (7 Colleges).
Source:- Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist, CollegeDekho, Vijayawada