In the first phase of the ongoing placement drive at IIT Banaras Hindu University, Electronics and Electrical engineering and Computer Science engineering graduates are at an edge as compared to their batchmates of other branches, as most of the software and IT majors are offering them maximum placements.
The highest package offer has come from US based Oracle worth INR 1.20 crore. An official of the training and placement cell of the institute revealed that the biggest offers have been made to the students of computer science. During the first phase of the placement, graduates of computer science engineering were the among the most hired by companies. Even last year, a student from computer science stream was offered a stunning package of INR 2.27 crore by US-based Google.
So far, around 90 companies have recruited 500 students of the institute. Several global and Indian companies have visited the campus for the recruitment of the students. Three international offers have been made so far by two USA based companies like Oracle and Microsoft. The second highest offer tagged at INR 90 lakh is also made to two students of computer department.
More details about the placement drive:
- Around 839 students have registered for the placement in 2016
- Of these 624 are B.Tech students
- 215 students have dual degree
- Next placement drive is to start from January 2017
- Several PSUs including Coal India Limited to visit the campus in the next few days
- Two Government -owned companies – DIT and Cdot visited the campus for recruitment