Eight New Medical Colleges to Come Up in Gujarat

Published: | February 16, 2017
Eight New Medical Colleges to Come Up in Gujarat
For setting up the medical colleges, the government will give a 50% subsidy to private organisations for land. The state government will also provide financial aid of Rs. 7.50 lakh per student for five years.

With an objective to enhance the healthcare services in the rural and remote areas, the government of Gujarat is planning to set up three greenfield medical colleges and five colleges attached to public hospitals which are located in the countryside. The colleges will be established under the Health Policy 2016.

There are six public hospitals located in Dahod, Bharuch, Amreli, Banaskantha, Tapi and Panchmahal districts. Out of them, five hospitals will be expanded into medical colleges. However, the location for the construction of three new medical colleges is not yet decided.

Also read: - NEET Based Medical Admissions in Gujarat

As per the official statement released by the state government, private organisations have been invited to set up the medical colleges in the locations mentioned above. For setting up the medical colleges, the government will give a 50% subsidy to private organisations for land. The state government will also provide financial aid of Rs. 7.50 lakh per student for five years.

Also read: - NEET Mandatory for Pakistan and Bangladesh Medical Aspirants: MEA

On the other hand, the private organisations which come forward to set up three Greenfield medical colleges will get 50% discount on market price to buy land. Similarly, the government will also provide financial aid of Rs. 15 lakh per student for five years. The government will also reimburse the electricity bills of these new colleges for five years. Subsequently, the government wants these organisations to set up new medical colleges in remote areas.

The government also laid down some conditions under the Health Policy 2016. As per the policy, 75% of medical seats will be filled by the state government in these colleges, and the managements can fill the rest 25% seats.

Comments

Subscribe to CollegeDekho News

Apply Now
Experts image

Want to learn more about college options and to secure an admission now!

CollegeDekho's expert counsellors can help you with all your doubts