- News byStream
Event Update- NLU Odisha Organises 3rd International Maritime Arbitration Moot, 2016
National Law University Odisha is organising the 3rd edition of the National Law University Odisha International Maritime Arbitration Moot, 2016 (NLUO IMAM). The Competition is scheduled to be held from 1st – 3rd April, 2016 at National Law University Odisha.
About NLUO IMAM, 2016:
NLUO IMAM is the first international maritime law moot in India which focuses on international commercial arbitration, a subject specifically chosen not only to encourage intellectual discourse in this field but also to bring it in harmony with the activities and operations.
Eligibility Criteria for NLUO IMAM, 2016:
- All law schools, faculties of law and other institutions offering a law-related degree program are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Students pursuing their Master’s degree in law or any post- graduation degree in law are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
Rules for NLUO IMAM, 2016:
- Each participating institution may send only one Team to the Competition.
- All participants must be students of the LL.B. (or equivalent) program.
- Minimum Members- 2, Maximum Members- 3
Applications for NLUO IMAM, 2016:
The Teams are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) drawn in favour of REGISTRAR, NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ODISHA payable at CUTTACK, ODISHA.
Awards at NLUO IMAM, 2016:
- The winner of the Final Round will be declared the “Best Team,”. The Winning team shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ?25,000/-
- Other finalist will be declared the “Second Best Team.” Runner-up team shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ?15,000/-.
- The Team with the highest combined memorial score will be awarded the “Best Memorial” and along with a trophy, cash prize of ?7,500/-
- The “Best Oralist” Award shall be determined on the basis of the cumulative points secured by a Speaker in the Preliminary Rounds. To be eligible for the said Award, a Speaker must have argued in both the Preliminary Rounds.
- The Best Advocate shall be awarded a trophy and cash prize of ?5,000/-.
Important dates of NLUO IMAM, 2016:
Release of Moot Proposition- 22nd January, 2016
Last Date for Provisional Registration- 31st January, 2016
Last Date for Team Registration by sending scanned copy of Registration Form and Demand Draft- 10th February, 2016
Last Date to send request for Clarifications- 14th February, 2016
Last Date for hard copy of Registration Form, Demand Draft & Travel Details- 20th February, 2016
Release of Clarifications- 22nd February, 2016
Last Date for Submission of Soft Copy of Memorials- 18th March, 2016
Dates of 3rd NLUO IMAM, 2016- 1st -3rd April, 2016
Gurgaon’s Tanmay Pathak has outperformed all candidates in the UCEED exam 2017. Tanmay topped the exam with 224 ...
Graduate Management Admission Test, popularly known as GMAT, is an entrance examination that is conducted for the ...