- News byStream
Exam Update: UPSC IAS Exam 2016 Syllabus Out
UPSC IAS 2016 Exam Dates and syllabus of exams are also out. UPSC IAS 2016 will conduct on 07 August 2016 and the last date for receipt of application is 20 May 2016.
The UPSC IAS 2016 Preliminary Examination consists of two papers with objective questions as multiple choice questions. Both the papers carry 200 marks each (total 400 marks). This exam is designed to serve as a screening test only. In the CSAT or Paper-II of Preliminary Exam, that is the General Studies II. The candidate would have to score a minimum 33% of marks for qualifying in Mains (written). Also, there is a negative marking for every incorrect answer deducts 1/3rd of marks from the total obtained marks.
Here is the Syllabus of UPSC IAS Exam 2016:
Syllabus of Paper I
- Current Affairs Analysis and Questions
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
Syllabus of Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
There is also a pattern change in the Civil Services Mains examination introduced from 2013. Now there are four compulsory papers of General Studies.
There is only one optional subject now instead of two and there is one compulsory essay paper. English and one language paper are of only qualifying nature.
Source: Rahul Pandey, City Journalist - Lucknow, CollegeDekho
Postal Department has issued a special postal cover which features the picture of Jamia Millia Islamia on the occasion ...
Despite being an aptitude exam, CAT preparation can be quite demanding. Completion for the top b-schools in India is ...