Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. It is a unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of word class education in social sciences followed by management education.
Given the nature of the programme (first 3 year of UG and next 2 years of PG education) learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning plans for the first three years (under graduate level) of the programme:
he IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning plans of the last two years (Post graduate level):
Last two years of the programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme. These goals are:
6. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
7. Develop social consciousness
8. Develop critical thinking skills
9. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
10. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
11. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
12. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
13. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Science, Engineering, Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
Fees and Accommodation
Tuition fees for the first 3 years would be about Rs. 3,00,000/- per annum and for the next two years it would be as per prevailing PGP fees. Tuition fee does not include boarding and lodging charges. Accommodation would be arranged on a sharing basis for the first 3 years. Single room accommodation would be made available for the 4th and 5th year of the Programme.
IIM Indore has always been cognizant of an institute’s role in shaping the thought processes of
its students and has, therefore, made social sensitivity a mainstay of its residential programmes.
The IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 3.
In addition to the Social Internship, IPM students do a business internship along with the PGP students between years 4 & 5.
The students undergo a rigorous selection process:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for personal interviews. The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
IIM Indore admits about 120 students to the IPM every year.