Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
For students to understand the ranking methodologies better GMAC has unveiled its user's guide to full-time MBA rankings.
You can check the guide at:
The highlights of each of the top 5 major rankings is given. These 5 major publications are:
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- The Economist
- The Financial Times
- U.S. News & World Report
Sangeet Chowfla, president and CEO of GMAC says that according to stats, rankings play a crucial role in a student’s decision while applying to management education programmes. Irrespective of all the important information a student gets from MBA rankings, a student may get confused by these ranks. By using this methodology, students will get a better understanding of the MBA rankings.
What makes rankings important?
- In a highly complex business market, one can use these rankings to decide between business schools.
- These rankings are based while keeping in mind a variety of factors that are picked up and studies from various sources and then are turned into data that is easily comparable and understandable to the students.
- Though what’s confusing to the students is that each list has a different ranking methodology and quality is highly subjective as there is no universal guideline followed while preparing the rank chart.
- To solve the above mentioned problem, GMAC has come up with a user guide in which methodologies in reference to the weighing categories are broken down and various aspects of each ranking are identified and other useful ranking information and analysis is provided to the readers.
The user guide consist of the following details:
- In the publication of each full time ranking, a detailed description of the school will be mentioned.
- How important are the rankings while selecting the business programme and how many students use the GMAC data while taking decisions.
- Ranking’s publication dates and frequency
- History of the ranking
- Accessibility of rankings data
- Rankings of the business schools by each publication
- Full-time MBA rankings for each of the five publications