- News byStream
Government Reconstitutes National Board of Examination
The Government of India in context to a notification dated 17.6.16, has reconstituted the governing body of the National Board of Examination, the regulatory body for postgraduate medical education in India.
Faggan Singh Kulaste, Minister of State for Health said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha that Director of Medical Services in Apollo Hospital in Ahmedabad, Abhijat Sheth, has been appointed as the president of the National Board of Examination.
The other members of the governing body are -
- Jagdish Prasad, Director General of Health Services,
- Jayshree Mehta, President of Medical Council of India (MCI),
- Ved Prakash, Chairman UGC,
- Dibyendu Mazumdar, President of the Dental Council of India.
- Vijaya Srivastava, Financial Advisor in the Ministry of Health.
- Vinay Sheel Oberoi, Secretary HRD Ministry,
- S S Agarwal, Current President IMA (Indian Medical Association)
As per the report, the NBE has been asked to examine the problems that stop the expansion of postgraduate medical education in the country. The NBE president, from a non-teaching hospital, has been selected to lead the highest regulatory authority for postgraduate medical education.
Also Read: NEET Bill Gets Lok Sabha Nod
But a section of people from the medical profession feels that the decision to reconstitute the NBE has been taken in haste when an expert committee appointed to examine issues pertaining to the overhauling of Medical Council of India, and the report is yet to be submitted.
The core committee for the CBCS (Choice Based Credit System), Delhi University has recommended starting lessons on ...
B.Tech CSE/ IT and BCA are probably the two most popular courses amongst IT aspirants. Information Technology being one ...