- News byStream
IIT Delhi's Initiative to Promote Women Entrepreneurship
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi has started an initiative to strengthen women entrepreneurship in the country and also promote an ecosystem that helps creation and sustenance of such enterprises by women.
It is an initiative of Women Entrepreneurship and Empowerment Foundation (WEEF) of IIT Delhi. It has been co-founded by Sarandeep Singh and Aparna Saroagi. Sarandeep Singh is also the programme director.
Highlights of the Programme:
- The programme will be launched at IIT Delhi from Oct 1, 2016.
- It is a three months programme meant for 30 budding/existing women entrepreneurs.
- It is a free-of-cost programme.
- It will be conducted during weekends.
- It will help interactions with mentors, entrepreneurs and investors.
- The programme has been designed to address challenges and opportunities for India women.
- The course will include classes on financial and business fundamentals.
- The course will help run the business profitably.
While talking about the programme the director of IIT Delhi said that the entrepreneur needs to change. In the next four to five years, 75% of the purchases will be influenced by women. More women founders will bring civilisation to the business world.
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...