Jamia Millia Islamia University has published an official notification on the website regarding the admission to various Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) courses for the academic session 2017. As per the official notification, the admission to various courses except B.Tech, B.Arch, MBBS and BDS will be conducted through an entrance test conducted by varsity. The admission to B.Tech, B.Arch, MBBS and BDS courses will be done through JEE (Main) 2017 and NEET 2017.
- For Under Graduate or UG courses, the minimum qualification is 10+2.
- For Post Graduate (PG) courses, the minimum qualification is Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
Application Procedure: -
- JMI accepts only online applications.
- Visiting JMI’s official website is mandatory for filling the online application form.
- Towards the left side of the page, there is a box which has two links.
- Click on ‘Apply for JMI UG/PG Admissions 2017’,
- On a new page, there is a link towards the left side of the page which indicates ‘Register yourself’.
- Fill the necessary details and come back to the online application process.
- Valid credentials like ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ must be entered to ‘Sign in’.
- Fill the online application form.
- After completing the filling of details, pay the application or entrance fee.
- Upload scanned copy of signature and photograph.
- The cost of application is Rs. 700 for all the categories.
- For B.Tech or B.Arch course, the application fee is Rs. 500
Selection Procedure: -
- JMI holds entrance examination to shortlist candidates.
- The candidates who secure less than 30% of marks in the entrance examination will not be shortlisted for the next round of selection process, i.e., Group Discussion or Interview.
Note: - There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer given by the candidate in the entrance examination.
Important Dates: -
|Online availability of application forms for registration||February 2, 2017|
|Deadline to fill JMI's online application form||March 3, 2017|
|Issue of admit cards (online) for JMI's entrance exam||April 8 to April 13, 2017|
|Declaration of JMI"s entrance exam results||To be announced soon|
|Deadline to submit qualifying Degree Certificate||September 15, 2017|
|Academic year commences from||August 1, 2017|