Close to 10.20 lakh students in the country are waiting for the announcement of JEE Mains 2017 result that will most probably be announced today. Students across India had appeared for the exam to secure seats at some of the prestigious engineering colleges including IITs, IIITs and NITs.
Kota being the hub of engineering aspirants and coaching institutes has close to 50000 students who appeared for JEE Mains 2017.
For the first time, the organising committee will also declare the All India Ranks (AIR) of candidates along with the score. The top 2.20 lakh of the candidates who qualify JEE Mains 2017 will also be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced 2017.
Here’s what the aspirants said:
- Vaibhav Dubey (18) had appeared for the exam this year and is expecting a score of 159 marks after evaluating his performance through answer keys. He is still anxious about the result and waiting for the official announcement.
- Another candidate enrolled in a coaching institute of Kota, Chattisgarh’s Saurabh Singh (18), said that he is expecting his score to be around 180 out of the total 360 marks.
- Saurabh’s twin brother, Gaurav, also appeared for the exam and expects his score to be close to 150. He is excited as the AIR will also be declared with the result.
- Dehradun’s Shubham Rawat said that he evaluated his score with the help of the answer key and is expecting a good rank.
- Mumbai’s Mainak Aggarwal (17) is relaxed and said that the answer keys have helped him in getting a rough estimate of his score, therefore, the result announcement will not be as big a shock.
Earlier, the organising body used to announce the JEE Mains rankings a few days after the declaration of JEE Advanced results. Another major change this year is that class 12 marks will not have any weightage in the normalisation of JEE Main scores. Like the previous years, the Coaching institutes of Kota are expecting a good overall result.