The Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Rohini, successfully conducted its event on ‘Digitalization of Businesses: Promises and Perils’. The event was attended by some of the prominent personalities of academia and business world.
Some of the dignitaries who were present at the event inauguration were:
- Prof. A.P. Mittal, Member and Secretary of AICTE
- Dr. Mahesh Gupta – President, PHDCCI and Chairman of Kent RO Systems
- Mr. Manish Gupta, Chairman of JIMS Rohini and Jagannath Gupta Memorial Educational Society
- Dr. J. K.Goyal, Director of JIMS, Rohini
The event was also attended by faculty members, managing staff and students. All the guests were welcomed by Director of the institute Dr. J.K. Goyal. A total of 16 speakers spoke on the theme of the event to address the topic.
Dr. Manish Gupta talked about the need to produce trained workforce in order to progress. He added that with the digitization and movement towards cashless economy, students will have to implement a new learning process. Dr. Gupta also said that to walk hand-in-hand with digitization the institute must use latest software and technologies.
Talking about the involvement of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Dr. Mahesh Gupta said that AI is the thing of the future and humans will have to evolve alongside it. He also motivated the students to gain extensive knowledge about data Analytics as it is of utmost importance in the era of digitization.
Prof. Mittal talked about PM Narender Modi’s dream of a digital India and said that it will introduce transparency and will help India achieve global standards.
Speakers who shared their views in the event were:
- Amit Tiwari, Director Marketing (Brand Communication and Digital) for the Indian Subcontinent, Philips Electronics India Ltd.
- Prashant Kapur, National Sales Head of Mpesa, Vodafone India
- Pradeep Chopra, CEO of Digital Vidya
- Aditi Aggarwal, Centurion Brand Ambassador, American Express
- Jaydip Sinha, Managing Director of Madison Street Capital
- Joydeep Chakraborty, Chief Strategy Officer, Swastik Infotech
- Rishabh Garg, Product Head of Insurer Platforms, PolicyBazaar.com
- Gaurav Singhal, CEO, Blue Digital Media
- Gurpreet Singh, Business HR Leader at GENPACT India
The discussion went on for topics like uses of e-wallets, Point of sales (PoS) and its types, development of rural India, Social and Cultural Society, etc. Various perspectives and ideas were presented at the event.