The first cutoff of Delhi University 2016 is expected to be released on June 30. The results will be displayed at www.du.ac.in and all the students who had applied for the counseling can check the result.
Delhi University is one of the most popular universities in India and is highly esteemed among students. A huge number of students apply for admission to various colleges of DU. Although there was a dip in the number of applications, there will be no relaxation in the cutoff this year as well.
Also Read: Top 10 Science Colleges in Delhi University
DU-affiliated St Stephen College has declared its first cutoff for seat allocation in the various programmes offered by it. The highest cut-off for the academic session is for the English honours programme at 99%.
Interesting facts about DU Applications 2016:
- Over 2,50,220 applicants finished the online application procedure for seat allotment till June 22.
- 1,15,786 applications were received solely for BA (honors) English making it the most popular course of 2016 in DU.
- 98,000 students filled applications for BA programme
- The number of students who applied for BA (honors) Political Science is 90,000.
- The number of male applicants who applied in 2016 are 1,29,910 whereas the female applicants are 1,20,295.
- About 15 candidates from other (gender) category have also applied.
- About 18,000 applicants filed for admission under ECA and Sports category
- Nearly 50,000 candidates have applied for OBC category