- News byStream
Magadh University senate meeting concluded
The Magadh University had conducted its senate meeting on 10th April 2016. The senate meeting of Magadh University has passed a budget of Rs 744.9 crores in the financial year of 2016 -2017 session. The estimated income of the university is Rs. 118.8 crores.
- The meetings were held under the leadership of the VC Prof. Md Ishtiaq.
- The amount of budget is to be spent on different entities
- 4500 employees on the payrolls of the university headquarters which include 2 dozen PG departments.
- 44 constituent and four deficit grant minority colleges and pension/family pension payment.
- Developmental requirements of the university.
- Budgetary provisions also pertained to courses being offered under the self-financing scheme
The senate has also approved the proposal of making the English education compulsory for UG students including the degree aspirants of the Law and Commerce faculties. The senate has also approved the proposal for strictly maintaining the admissions of the deadline & eligibility of the permanent teachers of the affiliated colleges with the services approved by Commission to supervise the Ph.D. thesis.The Senate also seeks to refer the contentious issue of the Ph. D supervision by the retired teachers.
However, the senate meeting did not include some of the student unions and protested against the Magadh University senate meeting and the unions demonstrated against the meeting in the same regard.
Source: Shreya Shikha, City Journalist - Patna, CollegeDekho
In a jolt to the ad-hoc teachers' community, the Delhi University's Scrutiny Committee has rejected the ...
Got a CAT percentile below 90? Well, it’s not the end of the world! There are a lot of good colleges apart from ...