Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Phase 1 exam of NATA 2021 has been conducted on April 10 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. This year, the exam pattern of NATA has been changed, and the major focus areas are Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. For the first time in India, an architecture entrance exam is being conducted with a key focus on the reasoning aspect. The question paper of NATA 2021 has a total number of 125 questions for 200 marks. The questions are a combination of 1 mark, 2 marks and 3 marks. On the other hand, the type of questions in NATA 2021 is MCQ, MSQ (Multiple Select Questions), Preferential Choice Question (PCQ) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type). On this page, you can check the detailed exam analysis of NATA 2021 along with the memory-based questions and answers. NATA 2021 result for Phase 1 will be released by April 20.
NATA 2021 Phase 1 Question Paper & Answer Key
We have updated the memory-based question paper and answer key of NATA 2021, and you can download a PDF of the same by clicking on the link below.
NATA 2021 Answer Key (Official)
|NATA 2021 Phase 2 Application Form|
NATA 2021 Phase 1 Exam Analysis
We have updated the detailed analysis of NATA 2021 based on the feedback received from students. Some of the major highlights are as follows -
- Many students reported that the paper was not only easy but also interesting considering the changed exam pattern. The nature of the questions is a bit similar to the UEED exam.
- There was a diagram, which appeared for 30 seconds on the screen, and two questions were asked on it.
- There was a question related to Park Diagram, and the question was on what do you notice type.
- There were some painting-based questions on Raja Ravi Varma's painting style etc.
- There were 15 questions on Plan Elevation, Meenakshi Temple Real Plan. The question also had numerical-type riddles.
- The question paper was divided into Section A & B.
- Section A was a combination of 1 & 2 mark questions while Section B was completely memory-based Drawing questions. Each image carries 6 marks, and 5 images were given. Two questions were asked for each image.
- There were only two questions from Physics. Only a few questions from Mathematics.
- From mathematics, there were questions from Area & Distance and Time.
- The drawing questions were memory-based. The diagram disappears 30 sections after appearing.
- There were questions on Architecture Aptitude as well.
- There were a total number of 5 pictures and there were 2 questions asked from each picture.
- The marking scheme of the image-based question and each question in this section carries 3 marks.
- Some students mentioned that the Section-B memory-based questions were challenging
- A total number of 15,066 candidates registered for the Phase 1 exam and 14,130 candidates appeared.
Overall Difficulty Level of Phase 1
Easy to Moderate
Difficulty Level of Verbal Reasoning
|Difficulty Level of Mathematics||Easy|
|Difficulty Level of Aptitude Questions||Easy (Basic Questions)|
|Difficulty-Level of Memory-Based Drawing Questions||Moderate|
Total No. of Questions from Plan Elevation
|Total No. of Questions from Principles of Design||35|
Total No. of Numercial Questions
Difficulty Level of MCQs
Difficulty Level of MSQs
Difficulty Level of PCQs
Total No. of 1 Mark, 2 Mark & 3 Mark Questions
Expected No. of Good Attempts
NATA 2021 Phase 1 Topic-Wise Analysis
The topic-wise analysis of NATA 2021 Phase 1 is as follows -
|Name of the Topic||Questions asked From/based on||Total No. of Questions|
|Verbal/Non-Verbal Reasoning||Orthographic Projections-Plan Elevations||15|
|Basic Mathematics||Geometry, Area, Volume, Angle||10|
|General Knowledge and Architectural Aptitude||Paintings, Architectural Awareness and Geography||15|
|Aptitude||Puzzles, Riddles, Percentage, Logic, Ratio||10|
|Design & Drawing||Elements, Principles of Drawing||35|
|Memory-Based Drawing Questions||Images & Questions||20|
|NATA 2021 Cutoff|
For the latest NATA 2021 updates, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.