- News byStream
National Seminar to Mark Ambedkar's 125th Birth Anniversary at PU
Panjab University will celebrate the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar with a plethora of activities. The University in collaboration with the Punjab government is going to organise a one-day national seminar on 30th August 10.30 am at Law Auditorium of the University.
Themed under "Parliamentary Democracy: Views of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar", several prominent people are expected to attend the national seminar. They are-
- Ram Nath Kovind , Governor of Bihar
- Prof Kaptan Singh Solanki, Governor of Haryana
- S Charanjit Singh Atwal, Speaker Punjab Vidhan Sabha
- Chaudhary Zulfkar Ali, Minister from Government of Jammu & Kashmir
The main topics of discussion at the seminar will be
- Philosophy and idea on Parliamentary Democracy and its operational mechanism as envisaged by Dr. Ambedkar.
- Evaluating the parliamentary democracy of India and its success and failures
The keynote address will be delivered by Prof Sushma Yadav, Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi. Prof RS Yadav Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, Kurukshetra University, will give the valedictory address.
Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir, Mehbooba Mufti has appointed Vice-Chancellors for the Cluster University in ...
Placement season is at its peak in India with colleges conducting placement drives. Organizations from various domains ...