NCERT (National Council for Education and Research Training) has released official notification for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2017. NCERT offers the fellowship to all the candidates who would like to pursue research in a field associated with education. Through this fellowship programme, young researchers will have an opportunity to carry out educational research from different disciplines. The major outcome of research work will be building the knowledge base of education in the modern context. There are a total number of 10 fellowships and the deadline to register for the NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2017 is January 8, 2018.
- 60% marks at both postgraduate and graduate level are mandatory to be eligible for the fellowship programme.
- The upper age limit for the applicants is 35 years.
- Candidates who have already registered for Ph.D. degree or planning towards enrolling for the Ph.D. course can also apply for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2017.
Priority Areas for NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2017: -
- Rashtriya Madhyamika Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Teacher Educators' Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Psycho-social Development of Children
- Education for Peace
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Any Burning Issue in School Education
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
Fellowship Amount for Selected Candidates: -
- Non-NET candidates will receive a monthly fellowship of Rs. 14,000.
- NET candidates will receive a monthly fellowship amount of Rs. 16,000.
- All the candidates will also receive Rs. 10,000 per annum as a contingency grant.
Application Process: -
- For filling the application, the candidates must visit the website of NCERT (official).
- Check the ‘Announcements’ section, and click on the relevant link.
- Read the instructions and proceed with the online application process.