The online choice filling (Round 3) for medical and dental courses in Maharashtra has begun on August 18, 2017. State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra is looking after the process for filling the UG medical and dental seats. The vacant seats under All-India Quota have been transferred to the state by Medical Counselling Committee. Therefore, the third round counselling process will also include the seats that have been transferred to the state. Only those candidates whose name featured in NEET 2017 merit list can fill the options on the official website. August 20, 2017 (5:00 PM) is the deadline for the candidates to complete the choice filling process for medical and dental courses.
Also Read: - NEET Mandatory to Pursue Medical Courses Abroad?
More additional seats are expected to be added in the Round 3 counselling process as few students cancelled their seat after the second round. Some seats are also vacant due to the non-reporting of the candidates. Therefore, the third round will have AIQ vacant seats transferred by MCC along with the cancelled and non-reporting seats.
Round 3 Counselling Process: Important Points: -
- The candidates who did not take part or register for the initial stages of counselling process must submit the fresh application on the official website and fill the choices.
- Candidates who registered for counselling and did not join the allotted institute must submit the fresh application and fill the choices.
- Candidates who joined the allotted institute and withdrew the admission to take part in the subsequent rounds of counselling must also submit the fresh application and fill choices.
- These candidates must pay Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 60 via Challan at the nearest SBI bank.
- The challan will be generated online after submitting the application.
On the other hand, candidates who registered for counselling and had not bagged a seat in any of the institute or course can edit the preferences. Candidates who wish to upgrade the seat and had not filled status retention form can also edit the preferences. If these candidates fail to edit the preferences, their previous preferences will be considered as final.