Kalyan Singh, Governor of Rajasthan, has appointed vice-chancellors of three universities across the state. He appointed VCs only after holding consultations with the state government. The new VCs will hold office for three years or till the attainment of 70 years of age.
The following universities got new vice-chancellors: -
- Prof. Ashwini Kumar has been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of Maharaja Surajmal Braj University, Bharatpur.
- Prof. Bhanwarlal Sharma has been appointed as the Vice-Chancellor for Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Shekhawati University.
- Prof. Bhagirath Singh has been appointed as VC of Maharaja Ganga Singh University.
Also read: - New VC will be Appointed for Madras university Soon
On the other hand, Ram Nath Kovind, Governor of Bihar as well as Chancellor of state universities have appointed acting VCs for eight universities across the state. He made these temporary appointments as the tenure of existing VCs ended. The ‘search committee' of these eight varsities had been given responsibility to recommend names for the appointment of VCs.
Acting VCs have been appointed for the following varsities: -
- Nalanda Open University, Patna gets an acting VC and Prof. Shivakanth Jha will hold the office till the appointment of new VC.
- Prof. Ramesh Chandra Singh has been appointed as acting VC of Maulana Mazahrul Haque Arabic and Persian University located in Patna.
- Prof. Vidhyadhar Mishra is the new acting VC of Kameshwar Singh Darbhanga Sanskrit University.
- Prof. Kshemendra Kumar Singh has been appointed as acting VC of Tilak Manjhi Bhagalpur University.
- Prof. Raj Kishore Jha is the new acting VC of Lalit Narayan Mithila University.
- Prof. Kusum Kumari has been appointed as acting VC of Magadh University located in Bodhgaya.
- Prof. Sudheer Kumar Srivastav is the acting VC of Patna University.
- Prof. Ravindra Kumar Verma has been appointed as acting VC of B.R Ambedkar Bihar University.