The HRD Ministry has released the notification for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 awards. Aspiring Indian Nationals (residing in India) can apply for the scholarship awards before March 30, 2017.
According to the notification released on the official website of MHRD, the scholarship is for students looking forward to pursuing Masters and Ph.D. programmes in the field of Agriculture Development and Renewable Energy offered by New Zealand. The application form for the scholarship is available online.
The scholarship programme is an initiative of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP). Candidates willing to apply for this scholarship programme must have a study offer from either of the eight universities in New Zealand.
Also Read: Central Govt. makes Aadhaar Card Mandatory for School & College Students to benefit from Scholarship Schemes
- All aspiring candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates must have successfully cleared Bachelor's or Master's programme in a relevant discipline with at least 65% marks in order to apply for Master's or Ph.D. respectively.
- Candidates must not be more than 38 years of age (evaluating from March 30, 2017).
- Candidates who went abroad for either studies, training or specialization through scholarship programme or on their own for more than a period of six months are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for minimum two continuous years after returning from abroad.
How to Apply:
- In order to apply, candidates will have to go to the official website of the scholarship and fill the application form online.
- All candidates must download the prescribed form for New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship application form.
- Candidates are required to carry the duly filled application form to the interview.
Candidates will be offered financial aids as part of the scholarship scheme. Check details below:
- Full tuition fee
- An establishment allowance
- A fortnightly living allowance
- Medical and travel insurance
- Home leave and reunion travel (for selected scholars)
- Travel expense (back and forth from home country)
- Research assistance and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students